Have fun together making pictures with fingerprints.
tempera paint or fingerpaint
plastic containers for paint
What to do:
- Together with your child, make the ink pads by placing several sheets of paper towels on top of the folded newspaper.
- Then help your child pour a small amount of tempera paint or fingerprint onto the paper towels.
- Help him dip one finger into the paint, then blot his finger on a dry portion of the paper towel.
- Invite him to use the fingerprints as starters for characters, such as animals, people, flowers, or other objects. Let him add details to the prints with markers.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How are your thumbprint and pinkie prints alike? How are they different?
- Let's compare your fingerprints and mine. How are they alike? Different?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps introduce your child to a variety of artistic tools, mediums, and techniques.