A Musical Sandwich
Do a little singing at mealtime with this fun sandwich idea!
bread sandwich filling paper strips pen plastic knife
What to do:
- Invite your child to help make a sandwich for lunch. She can help you spread the filling with a plastic knife.
- Cut the sandwich into four equal pieces.
- On four paper strips, write the name of a song which both you and your child know quite well.
- Insert these strips inside the sandwich pieces when she is not looking.
- Tell your child that lunch will be a sing-along and she will find the names of the songs in her sandwich.
- As she eats each quarter, sing the song named on the paper strip.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How many songs did we sing at lunch?
- What is your favorite song?
- Is it fun to sing while we are having lunch?
While you are having fun together, your child is developing language skills.