Discover the gold at the end of the rainbow as you and your child create this great snack.
sliced bread milk food coloring toaster (ADULT USE ONLY) clean paintbrush paper cups
What to do:
- Help your child fill each cup 1/3 full with milk.
- Encourage her to add a few drops of food coloring to each cup.
- Invite her to use a paintbrush to paint a rainbow on the bread slice with the colored milk. She can draw any design she wishes
- Toast the bread for her.
- Admire the designs. Eat and enjoy!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What colors did you paint on the bread?
- Does the bread taste better after it is toasted?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and an understanding of cause and effect.