Traffic Light Cookies
As you and your child make these treats, talk about the red, yellow and green circle lights. Your child will remember this activity when observing traffic lights in the neighborhood.
graham crackers vanilla frosting or cream cheese M & M candies (red, yellow, and green) plastic knife
What to do:
- Separate the graham cracker into rectangular sections.
- Help your child use a plastic knife to frost the graham cracker with vanilla icing or cream cheese.
- Invite your child to place the circle candies on the frosted cracker in the order of a traffic light: red, yellow, and green.
- Talk about what each color means.
How to use:
- Next time you are out with your child, point out the traffic light and the circle lights.
- Talk about the fun cookies you made together.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How many lights did you put on the cookie? Count them with me. What colors are these circles?
- Did you have fun making these cookies?
- Does this traffic light look like the cookies we made?
- Can you cross the street when the light is red? Yellow? Green?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and an understanding of colors.