New activities and games with a circus theme help your child learn concepts and vocabulary.
two or three hula hoops circus-related toys
What to do:
- Place two or three hula hoops on the ground.
- Gather circus-related toys.
- Have your child sort the toys in the rings. One ring might hold clowns while another hoop holds the animals.
- Help your child count how many objects are in each ring.
- Encourage your child to make up a circus play with the toys.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What animals would you find in a real circus?
- Which ones can be ridden by people?
- What other things would you see at the circus?
While you are having fun together, your child is developing sorting skills and thinking skills. Check your community events for a circus coming to town. What a wonderful day trip to enjoy together.