Provide an opportunity for your child to play dress-up and feel so grown-up!
adult clothing infant clothing dolls and teddy bears
What to do:
- Collect a variety of small adult or large children's T-shirts, vests, and sweaters.
- Also collect infant clothing.
- Invite your child to use the big clothes as practice for putting on and taking off clothing.
- Let him use the infant clothes for practice dressing of dolls and teddy bears.
- If possible, provide a full length mirror so he can see himself dressed-up.
How to use:
You and your child can practice sorting the clothes by color and size. Line up the clothes from largest to smallest. Use words like "big" and "little."
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Can you put clothes on by yourself?
- What do you like to wear?
- Who do you want to look like?
- Is playing dress-up fun for you?
While you are playing together, this activity helps your child develop large muscle skills, sorting and social skills.