Windy Day Painting
Your child can see how strong the wind is with this outdoor art activity. Watch as the wind blows the paint all around.
large brown paper bag liquid tempera paint paper plates
What to do:
- This can be a messy activity, so help your child cover up with a large brown paper bag that has the head and armholes cut out.
- Invite your child to put some liquid tempera paint on a paper plate (you may need to add a few drops of water to make it runny) and hold it up in the wind. Watch the wind spray the paint outward.
- Put the plate in a sheltered place and let it dry.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What happened to the paint? What other things can the wind do?
- Can you think of another way to mix paint colors together?
While you are having fun together, your child is developing observational skills and an understanding of cause and effect.