Explore together the variations of raw vegetables.
assorted pre-cut raw vegetables: carrot sticks, cauliflower, broccoli, snap peas, string beans your child's favorite dip small bowls large bowl
What to do:
- Look at the vegetables together and talk about their characteristics: colors, sizes, shapes, textures.
- Mix them all up in a large bowl.
- Invite your child to sort the vegetables in any way that he wants by placing similar vegetables in the small bowls.
- Question his classification and try to encourage him to sort the vegetables in new ways.
- Together arrange the snack tray, serve, and enjoy.
How to use:
Discuss how the vegetables grow. Some grow above ground and others below. Perhaps this would be a new way to sort the vegetables.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What is your favorite vegetable? Why?
- How does your favorite vegetable grow?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop the senses and pre-math skills.