Ice Cream Cone Cakes
Here is a new twist in birthday cakes--individual ice cream cone cakes. Your child will be delighted to share these with friends!
cake mix (follow instructions) flat-bottomed ice cream cones cookie sheet bowl spoon prepared canned frosting candy sprinkles
What to do:
- Invite your child to help you prepare the cake mix according to directions. (She can help stir, add ingredients, even measure when you put a rubber band around the measuring cup on the correct measurement.)
- Pour the batter into the ice cream cones.
- Line up the cones on a cookie sheet and bake as cupcakes.
- Cool. Invite your child to frost and decorate the cakes.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How did you bake these cakes?
- What do you usually eat inside an ice cream cone? Why is this different?
While you are cooking together, your child is developing small muscle skills, and learning to follow directions.