Bananas are one of children's favorite fruits. Enjoy sharing this tasty snack with your child.
banana craft sticks cup of honey puffed rice cereal paper plate
What to do:
- Invite your child to pour the puffed rice on the plate.
- Let her peel a banana and cut it into bite-sized pieces with a plastic knife.
- Invite her to put a craft stick in the center of a piece of banana.
- Encourage her to dip the banana into the cup of honey.
- Next, invite your child to roll the piece of banana in the puffed rice to make a banana pop.
- Place in the refrigerator for half an hour to chill.
- Enjoy this snack together. Talk about the taste (sweetness) and texture (crunch).
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What color is the banana?
- How does the honey taste?
- What other foods are yellow?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and eye/hand coordination.