Apples from Outer Space
Apples and cheese are a classic American treat. Invite your child to make a snack that's truly "out-of-this-world"!
stick pretzels small cheese cubes apple fork
What to do:
- Help your child use the fork to poke holes in the apple.
- Invite her to push the pretzel sticks into the cheese cubes.
- Encourage her to put the pretzels into the holes in the apple.
- Variation: Cut bite-size pieces of other fruits, such as pears, bananas, grapes and cherries. Attach these to the pretzels for a complete fruit snack.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Does this apple look like it comes from outer space?
- How many pretzel sticks did you place into the apple? Let's count them.
- How else do you like to eat apples?
- What else do you eat with cheese?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and eye/hand coordination.