Let your child make a self-portrait that you can eat. Great time for a photo!
1/2 hard-boiled egg carrot and celery sticks alfalfa sprouts paper plates 1/2 canned peach spoons lettuce leaves cottage cheese shredded cheese pimento slices bowls
What to do:
- Invite your child to create a salad that looks like a person.
- Decide together what foods might make a good head, body, arms, legs, hair, eyes, and so on.
- Encourage your child to design his own "Me Salad" on the paper plate.
- If you wish, take a picture of the salad and enjoy together!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How does this salad look like you?
- Would you like to make salads that look like other people in our family? Who?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills, body awareness and creativity.