Let's Play Restaurant
With a few props, you and your child can have fun pretending to eat out in a restaurant.
place mats, flatware, and napkins trays plastic dishes and cups plastic foods or play dough in food shapes or foods cut out of magazines
What to do:
- Gather trays, dishes, place mats, plastic foods, and so on.
- Let your child help you set up the tables and chairs to look like a restaurant.
- Invite your child to take your order and serve a meal to you at the table, using pretend food, play dough or magazine pictures.
- Change roles and serve a meal to your child, after taking his order.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Do you like to play with pretend foods? Let's talk about what we have.
- What is your favorite food? Have you eaten it in a restaurant?
While you are having fun together, your child is developing language skills and social skills.