Kitchen Tools in a Bag
Some simple kitchen tools and a grocery bag are all that's needed to create a guessing game for your child.
assorted kitchen tools: baster, tongs, can opener, melon scooper, peeler, etc. a grocery bag
What to do:
- Together, collect safe kitchen tools and put them into a grocery bag.
- Invite your child to reach into the bag and choose one tool.
- Without looking, ask him to describe the tool.
- When the tool is removed, encourage him to describe how the tool might be used in cooking.
- Take turns reaching into the bag and describing what you feel.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Which tool do you like to use the most when you help me cook?
- What could we use this tool to make?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop language skills and thinking skills.