All About Me Book
Help your child experience the power of the written language by creating an "All About Me" book.
child safety scissors
crayons or markers
old catalogs or magazines
What to do:
- Staple several pieces of paper together to make a booklet.
- Write "All About (child's name)" on the cover. Invite your child to illustrate the cover.
- On each page, encourage your child to draw something about herself. She could trace a hand or foot, draw her eyes or hair color, dictate a list of favorite games, music, or songs.
- Together look in old magazines and cut out some of the things she likes.
- Encourage her to put one idea on a page and write her words as she describes her idea.
How to use:
Read the book together. If she is interested, share the book with friends and family.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- If you could use one word to tell me about yourself, what would it be?
- What parts of you do you think will change as you grow?
While you are having fun together, this activity provides experiences for developing concepts related to reading, writing, and imagination.