Introduce your child to the concept of matching with this painting activity. Together you will find matches everywhere.
newspaper to protect work surface
What to do:
- Show your child how to fold a piece of paper in half. Unfold.
- Encourage her to paint on only one side of the fold.
- While the paint is still wet, invite her to refold the paper and rub over folded paper with her fist.
- When she opens up the paper, talk about the way both sides are matching.
How to play:
Find other "matches" around the house. Find matching playing cards. Help your child match socks when doing the laundry. Look around for pairs or matches of everyday things around your house.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What does your painting remind you of?
- What shapes do you see in your painting?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and matching skills.