Paint to the Music
Combine fingerpainting with music to create some mood painting.
paper (freezer paper works well)
What to do:
- Play some fast and some slow music for your child. Watch your child's movements to the tempos. Ask her if she feels happy and excited.
- Invite your child to fingerpaint while the music is playing. Tell her to pretend her fingers are dancing on the paper as she paints.
- Display your child's art work where the family can enjoy it together.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What color of paint are you using? Is this your favorite color?
- How does the paint feel on your hands? wet? slippery?
- Is it fun to paint with the music playing? Would you like to dance too?
While you are playing together, your child is developing language skills, small muscle skills, eye/hand coordination and thinking skills.