Music Box Timer
Is clean-up time a daily battle? Turn on some music to speed up the process while you hum and work along together.
music box or radio
What to do:
- Prepare your child for clean-up time by giving a warning several minutes ahead of time such as: "Soon it will be time to clean-up the toys."
- Tell her "Now it is clean-up time. It's time to put the toys away."
- Suggest to her that you have a race with the music box or radio. You might wonder aloud whether you could both get the toys cleaned up before the song ends.
- Help her get started by suggesting one type of toy for her to pick up, such as all the blocks. (Label containers with a word and picture to help keep toys sorted.)
- Work together to get the toys picked up, and celebrate together when you beat the music.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How do you know where to put each of your toys?
- Which of your toys have the color red? blue? your favorite color?
While you are bonding together, your child is developing language skills, sorting skills and following directions.