Invite your children to help with lunch preparations as you create these cute "piggy" sandwiches!
large bread circles cream cheese red food coloring raisins
What to do:
- Help your child spread one large bread circle with pink cream cheese. Cream cheese can be tinted pink with a couple drops of red food coloring.
- Top with a smaller pink snout.
- Let your child use raisins for eyes and the bread scraps for ears. (Tip: With practice, he can easily prepare these without help.)
- Talk about other foods from pigs; ham, bacon, pork chops and sausage. Which make good sandwiches?
- Enhance lunch with a video such as "The Three Little Pigs", "Miss Piggy" or "Babe".
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Imagine you were a real pig. Where would you live?
- What sounds would you make?
Food construction is a wonderful activity to do together. It helps your child develop small muscle skills, eye/hand coordination and creativity.