Bunny in a Burrow
Make a fruit snack that looks like a bunny!
knife (ADULT USE ONLY) pear apple raisins cream cheese lettuce carrots
What to do:
- Together wash your hands before handling food.
- Cut a pear in half to use as the bunny's body. Invite your child to place it on a bed of lettuce.
- Cut apple slices to use as ears. Help your child use cream cheese as "glue" to attach the ears. Your child can help you attach raisins for the eyes and nose.
- Let your child make the bunny's tail out of cream cheese.
- Cut a few narrow carrot sticks, and ask your child to place them in front of the bunny.
- Admire this food construction and then enjoy it as a snack.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Can you tell me how we made this fruit bunny?
- Let's talk about the fruits and vegetables that we used.
- What other animals would you like to make for a snack?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop eye/hand coordination and imagination.