Blow Bubble Stationery
Hand written letters are a part of history. Letters reveal the rich fabric of life while making a statement about ourselves. Design this bubble stationery, pen letters to the people you know. Imagine their joy upon opening an unexpected letter.
liquid detergent three bowls water food coloring plain white paper straws
What to do:
- If possible, print out these directions. Read them through with your child before you begin.
- With your child, gather everything you'll need.
- Let your child mix liquid detergent and water together. You might want to try different types of detergent to see which one works best.
- Pour mixture into three different bowls. Invite your child to add different food coloring to each bowl.
- Encourage him to use straws to blow in the bowls until bubbles rise over the bowl rims.
- Carefully lay a sheet of plain white paper over the bubbles to see a delicate and beautiful bubble print.
- With your child, design an art scene of bubbles by planning what colors to use, and overlapping the bubble prints.
- Let the paper dry.
How to use:
- Use the bubble paper as your very own stationery or notepaper.
- You and your child might want to use the bubble print as a background for a poem you write about bubbles!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What do you think will happen when we mix detergent and water?
- How should we decorate our stationery?
- To whom should we write our first letter?