Roll snowballs together with your child and create a "yummy" snowman treat!
2 cups raisins 2 bananas shredded coconut bowls blender or food processor measuring cup
What to do:
- Invite your child to help you make the snowman mixture.
- Ask him to hand you the bananas and raisins as you place them in the blender and chop. The blender makes noise, so cover your ears!
- Place the chopped mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Let your child help you roll the mixture into balls.
- Then your child can roll the balls in a dish of shredded coconut. If your child doesn't like coconut, you can make a colorful snowman by rolling the balls into candy baking sprinkles.
- Show him how to stack three balls together and fasten with a toothpick.
- Admire the snowmen and enjoy this healthy snack together.
- Act out this fingerplay together to help your child understand snowmen:
I built a snowman out of three balls, 1-2-3.
(Hold up three fingers).
One ball was small, one middle-sized, and one as big as can be!
(Form three circles with your fingers each one larger).
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How does the mixture feel? Is it wet? Is it cold? Is it sticky?
- Can you roll a ball with this mixture? Show me.
- How many balls do we need to make a snowman? Let's count them together.
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and creativity.