Tasty Fruity Kabobs
This delicious, healthy snack is fun to make. Prepare extra fruit for tasting as you work. Fresh fruit is irresistible.
bananas strawberries pretzel sticks knife (ADULT USE ONLY)
What to do:
- Wash your hands together with your child.
- Cut fruit into pieces or chunks.
- Help your child as she pushes each piece onto the pretzel stick.
- Challenge her to name the fruit as she pushes it onto the stick. If you wish, make a simple pattern: strawberry-banana-strawberry-banana.
- Together, make one or two for a snack, or several for dessert.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What is your favorite fruit on your kabob? What other fruits could we add?
- What color are the strawberries? Bananas?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills, eye/hand coordination and language skills.