Leaf shapes remind us of many images. Stretch your imagination, and that of your child, by transforming leaf shapes into fanciful pictures. Neither of you will ever look at trees in the same way.
markers or crayons
What to do:
- Together gather markers or crayons, paper, and leaves.
- Invite your child to trace around different shapes and sizes of leaves or to glue the leaves onto white paper.
- Together, look closely at the leaf shapes, and then encourage him to use markers to add arms, legs, hats, heads, and other features.
- Encourage him to use his imagination and sense of detail to make the leaf people look like people he knows.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Which leaf shape was the easiest to make into a person?
- Which leaf shape was the hardest to make into a person?
- What else could we make with the leaves?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and imagination.