Is your child bored and "buggy"? Recycle and provide your child with an activity that's sure to delight.
What to do:
- Cut two sections from an egg carton. Cut a peephole in each cup.
- Punch a small hole in each cup on one side.
- Together, attach pipe cleaners to the egg carton sections to form earpieces and antennae.
- Look at close-up pictures of real insects and encourage your child to decorate the bug eyes using markers.
- Go outside for a walk. Stop in a grassy spot and let your child put on her glasses to look for bugs.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- If you could be any bug, what kind would you like to be? Why?
- Where would you live? What would you eat?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills, thinking skills, and observational skills.