Let's Make Deviled Egg Faces
Let your child turn this traditional recipe into funny faces.
mayonnaise (enough to moisten)
paprika or parsley flakes (optional)
cut-up olives, carrots, peppers
What to do:
- Hard-boil the eggs and cool.
- Invite your child to help peel the eggs.
- Help her use the plastic knife to slice each egg in half lengthwise.
- Encourage her to help scoop out the yolks and place them in a dish.
- Together, mash the yolks with a fork and add mayonnaise to taste.
- Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- Challenge your child to create faces on the eggs with bacon bits, parsley, paprika, and vegetable pieces.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How did the egg look before we started this recipe? After?
- What did you use to decorate the egg faces? Are your egg creations people or animals?
While you are having fun together, your child is developing small muscle skills, creativity and an understanding of "same and different".