The simplicity of this applesauce recipe will appeal to your sense of time and delight your child.
1/2 cup honey
few drops of water
What to do:
- Peel the apples. Your child may want to try using the peeler with your help.
- Together, cut each apple into 4 pieces (remove the core and seeds).
- Invite her to put the apples, honey, and a small amount of water into the blender.
- Ask your child to push the button and blend until smooth. Enjoy together!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- An apple is round, red, and shiny. What happens to the apple when you cut and blend it?
- Did you enjoy tasting the applesauce? What if you added cinnamon or lemon--would it change the flavor?
While you are having fun together, this activity provides experiences related to science and the senses.