Music Box Clean Up Game
Need a way to encourage your child to help clean up? Try this game to make cleaning up easier and more fun.
music box or cassette player your child's favorite tape
What to do:
- Challenge your child to pick up a certain toy such as a stuffed animal and put it away before the music stops.
- Start the music and let it play long enough for him to complete the task.
- Then encourage him to put two toys away before the music stops.
- Continue this game until all of his toys are put away.
- Compliment your child for doing a good job.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How did it feel when you finished cleaning up?
- Who should be responsible for cleaning up toys?
- Does music help make cleaning up fun?
While having fun together, this activity helps your child develop listening skills and learn to follow directions. When encouraging your child to put away his toys, asking him to put away one or two toys at a time is helpful. Dividing tasks into small goals makes the job easier for a child. Labeling boxes and bins is also helpful.