Marble Building Game
Kind of a tension building gameóbut loads of fun to play! Itís a simple game of chance as you keep adding marbles and hope yours isnít the one to break through the paper towel. If soóyou lose!
12 marbles, all the same size paper towel sheet plastic container rubber band
What to do:
- If possible, print out these directions. Read them through with your child before you begin.
- With your child, gather everything you'll need.
- Let your child wet a singly-ply sheet of paper towels and gently squeeze it. (do not wring it)
- Stretch it taut across the mouth of a plastic container.
- Fasten it with a rubber band.
How to play:
- Take turns with your child placing a marble on the towel.
- One by one, continue placing marbles until one breaks through the towel.
- Whoever adds the marble that breaks through loses the game.
- Place a new wet towel on top and play again.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What is the object of this game?
- How many marbles do you think we can place on top of the container?
- What makes the marbles fall through the paper towel?