Make My Name from Nature
Children love to see their names. Take your child for a walk to find things from nature and make a fancy name plate.
What to do:
- Use a marker and help your child write her name on the paper plate.
- Invite her to go for a walk with you to find natural items that she could glue onto the letters of her name.
- Encourage her to collect items, such as small pebbles, grasses, and twigs.
- After a while, stop for a moment and help spell her name with the items that she has collected. Ask, "Do we have enough materials to cover your name?"
- Back at home, let your child glue the items she found onto the letters of her name.
- Display the name plate where everyone can see it.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What did we use to spell out your name?
- How many letters are there in your name?
- What is your favorite letter?
While you are having fun together, this activity generates a sense of wonder, curiosity, and provides experiences related to nature.