Your child will enjoy making prints using various balls you have around your home.
tempera paints paper plates white paper assorted balls: tennis, golf, rubber, Super, Wiffle, or Nerf
What to do:
- Let your child help pour different-colored paints onto plates.
- Invite her to dip one ball at a time into the paint and then dab it on the paper. She can roll the ball for a different effect.
- Let the ball painting dry, then display it.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What happens when you dab the ball on the paper? Roll it?
- Which print did the golf ball make? The tennis ball? How can you tell?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop small muscle skills and an understanding of cause and effect.