Fall Counting Book
Collect a few leaves and turn them into a beginning counting and number book.
assortment of leaves
What to do:
- On a fall walk with your child, collect different types of fall leaves.
- You or your child can write the numerals 1 through 5 on separate pieces of paper.
- Help her glue the correct number of leaves to each paper.
- Use a piece of construction paper for the cover page of the book. Invite her to illustrate the cover page of her book with drawings or words.
- When the glue is dry, she can staple the pages together. Then read the book together counting the leaves and naming the numerals.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Which kinds of leaves did we collect the most of? The least?
- How could we use the leftover leaves?
While you are having fun together, this activity provides experiences for developing concepts related to reading, writing, and math.