You and your child can choose a variety of crackers at the supermarket to later count, sort and enjoy!
What to do:
- Together buy a variety of crackers that have different shapes.
- Encourage your child to put an assortment of crackers in a basket.
- Invite him to sort the crackers by shape into individual bowls. Foods offer a natural way to explore shapes, textures and colors.
How to play:
Sing a little song together as you sort the crackers. (Tune: Did You Ever See A Lassie?)
Let's sing a song of crackers, of crackers, of crackers,
Let's sing a song of crackers, that taste so, so good.
There are big ones and small ones, and round ones and square ones.
Let's sing a song of crackers, that taste so, so good!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- How many crackers do we have? Let's count them.
- What shapes are they?
- What colors and flavors are the crackers?
- What do you like to eat with your crackers?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop sorting and matching skills which teaches your child math fundamentals.