Fall Listening Walk
Fall is in the air! Are you enjoying it yet? Why not take your child outside and go on a fall listening walk.
tape recorder (optional)
What to do:
- Invite your child to join you in some fun trying to hear the sounds of fall outside.
- Once outside, ask her to close her eyes and listen to the leaves blowing on the trees.
- Ask her if she can hear birds or geese.
- Listen to your own feet as you move through the leaves!
- Move to different locations to discover more sounds.
- You can tape record different sounds and play them for the family.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Did you hear the leaves swishing as we walked through them? What made the tweeting noise?
- Let's make a noise that sounds like the wind.
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop large muscle skills, listening skills, and language skills.