Catsup and Mustard Make Orange
You and your child will enjoy this interesting way to make the color orange!
a small zip-locking plastic bag
1/2 cup mustard
1/2 cup catsup
What to do:
- Help your child pour the mustard into the measuring cup and then into the bag. She will need your help with the bag. Ask her to tell you the color of the mustard.
- Encourage her to do the same with the catsup. Ask her to tell you the color of the catsup.
- After sealing the bag, encourage her to gently mix the colors with her hands. Invite her to tell you the color of the new mixture.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- We used red and yellow to make orange.
- Name something else that is orange.
- How does the bag feel when you were mixing the catsup and mustard?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop eye/hand coordination and small muscle skills.