Dandelion and goat's beard seed heads are fragile and beautiful. Spend a few minutes outside with your child on a golden afternoon, blowing the seeds and imitating their dance.
dandelions or goat's beard music
What to do:
- Take a spring walk with your child and look for dandelions and goat's beard.
- Invite her to pretend that these flowers are birthday candles. Say: "Can you huff and puff, and try to blow the candles out?"
- Together watch the seeds "dance" in the air.
- Encourage her to dance like the seeds.
- Take home a few of the dandelion or goat's beard seed heads and spray the seeds with hair spray. Let her make a bouquet for the table.
- Provide some music and let your child repeat her dance for the whole family.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- If you were a tiny seed, what kind of flower would you like to be?
- What happens to the seeds when they blow in the wind? If they fall to the ground?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop large muscle skills and balance.