Easter Match & Sort Game
Wondering what to do with Easter items? Turn them into a matching and sorting game for your budding mathematician.
Easter basket small Easter decorations magazines with Easter pictures small Easter objects (plastic eggs, chicks, bunnies, etc.) glue construction paper child safety scissors
What to do:
- Cut or tear out a variety of Easter pictures and glue them onto construction paper.
- Assemble all of the small Easter objects and decorations. Add the pictures. Place them all into the Easter basket.
- Take turns with your child taking out a picture or object, naming it and then grouping it with like objects. (Items can be sorted by type, size or color.) Repeat until all items have been sorted.
- When finished, store the game pieces in the basket.
- Another time, make number cards to match to the groups.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What kinds of groups did you make? Which group has the most things? Least? Were there any groups that had the same number?
- What was the favorite thing we did as a family this Easter?
While you are having fun with your child, this activity will help develop matching and sorting skills needed for mathematics.