I Can Do It Myself Sandwich Snacks
"I can do it myself" can be music to the ears of a busy parent. With a little help, your child can be successful making a "do-it myself" lunch!
cucumber tomato banana apple pear carrot zucchini American cheese slices peanut butter cream cheese mayonnaise plastic knife
What to do:
- Help your child slice and prepare an assortment of fruits or vegetables. Let him put the pieces in small dishes.
- Place spreadable foods such as peanut butter and mayonnaise in separate dishes.
- Invite your child to stack zany and creative sandwich snacks by placing some of the foods on the outside and some of the foods on the inside of his sandwiches. Your child may choose some unusual combinations of food--that's OK; it's a learning process.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What did you pick for the "outside" of your sandwich? What filling did you spread "inside"?
- What is your favorite sandwich combination?
- Did you have fun making lunch yourself? Why?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop independence and imagination.