This challenging game of basketball will keep you moving. The object of the game is to last as long as possible without losing your basketball to the "Pirates." This game will improve skills in dribbling the basketball and stealing the basketball.
one basketball watch or timer
What to do:
- If possible, print out these directions. Read them through with your child before you begin.
- With your child, gather everything you'll need.
- Explain to your child that the object of the game is to try to steal the basketball from the other player.
- Let your child be the dribbler and you be the "Pirate."
- Together, decide on the playing field.
How to play:
- On a starting signal, you chase your child as he is constantly dribbling the ball.
- If you steal the ball from him, he becomes the pirate.
- The player who lasts the longest without losing the basketball wins the game.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Would you rather be the dribbler or the pirate?
- Do you like to shoot baskets? Pass? Dribble?