Hockey Go Around
Race against the clock as you challenge each other to this fast moving game of hockey go around. The object of the game is to dribble the hockey puck around the outside of a circle and back to the original position. The player with the most completed "go arounds" in the given amount of time wins. This game will help develop skills in stick handling.
hockey stick puck watch or timer
What to do:
- If possible, print out these directions. Read them through with your child before you begin.
- With your child, gather everything you'll need.
- Explain to your child that the object of the game is to dribble the hockey puck as fast as possible around the circle and back to the starting point without losing control of the puck.
- He will have five minutes to dribble around the circle.
- Together, draw a circle 10-15 feet in diameter.
- Decide on a starting point on the circle.
How to play:
- Your child stands on the starting point.
- Get ready; get set; go!
- You time him and also count how many times he completes the circle.
- Now it is your turn!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Would you like to try this with ice skates on? Do you think it would be harder? Easier?
- Do you get dizzy going around in a circle?