Blindfold Snowball Game
Here's a fun winter game to play with your child. The object of the game is to transfer as many cotton balls (snowballs) from one bowl to another using only a spoon. Sounds easy---but it's not because you are blindfolded. Playing this game helps improve balance and dexterity.
cotton balls (about 25) spoon 2 bowls blindfold (fabric or scarf) timer
What to do:
- If possible, print out these directions. Read them through with your child before you begin.
- With your child, gather everything you'll need.
- Set up two bowls on a table. Fill one with the cotton balls.
How to play:
- Decide who will go first. Blindfold that player.
- Set the time and say GO. This player must transfer as many cotton balls from one bowl to the other bowl in 60 seconds.
- The trick is that they are so light you can't feel them on your spoon and this makes the game challenging.
- When the time is up, count the balls that the player transferred.
- Now, the next player takes a turn.
- The winner is the player who transfers the most snowballs in the given time.
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- What do you think will be the challenge to this game?
- Why do you think the players are blindfolded?
- How many snowballs do you think you can transfer?