Make a Road
This road won't take long to build, but it will keep your adventurous child busy for hours. Just a few simple supplies are all you need.
a large sheet of cardboard markers assorted toy vehicles blocks
What to do:
- Place the cardboard on the table or floor.
- Work with your child to draw roads on the paper. Think about curves, straight roadways, and intersections.
- Encourage your child to add buildings with blocks or small boxes.
- Add some vehicles and off she goes!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Where is the road going?
- Will there be other roads off to the side?
- What could be along the side of the road?
- What do you see as we drive along the road?
While you are having fun together, your child is developing imagination and problem-solving skills.