Sports Party Silverware
The word entertain, derived from its Latin roots inter (among) and tenere (to hold) is translated to mean "to hold the attention of, with something amusing or diverting". Entertain your guests with unusual homemade party silverware.
plastic silverware fine paintbrush acrylic paints, (Read warnings on packaging.)
What to do:
- If possible, print out these directions. Read them through before you begin.
- Gather everything you'll need and always remember art safety.
- Using your team's colors, paint the top and the bottom ends of the handle of the silverware.
- Leave the center open to write a message. Let the paint dry.
- Choose a second color then paint designs, dots or zigzags over the first color.
- If you wish, write a message to your team in the center of the handle. Let dry.
How to use:
- Use with sports party napkin rings.
- If you wish to reuse the silverware, wash gently in warm water.
- Do not put silverware in the dishwasher or leave soaking in water.
After our high school football games we like to throw a party. We choose our team's colors and decorate. My mom and sisters helped paint the party silverware. We washed it very carefully and can use it at our next party. (Katrina, age 15)