Beach Ball Movement Game
You don't have to be near a beach to enjoy this family movement game. Together you can exercise and have a lot of fun.
beach ball permanent marker
What to do:
- Blow up a small plastic beach ball.
- Write movement ideas with stick figure pictures or a simple word on sections marked off on the ball. Suggested actions: clap, hop, jump, touch toes, bend, or arm circles.
- Throw the ball to her.
- Help her "read" the action by having her look under her right hand when she catches the ball.
- Together, do the action an agreed number of times. (Take turns picking the number of times you will do the movement.)
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Which movement was the easiest? Hardest?
- Which movements used only our legs? Arms? Whole body?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop eye/hand coordination, large muscle skills, and pre-reading skills.