Balancing the Ropes Game
This game can help your child's coordination and balance. Have fun together indoors or outside.
12 foot length of clothesline.
What to do:
- With your child, place straight and curved ropes on the floor or on the ground.
- Guide her initially by walking alongside and by offering a steady hand.
- Encourage your child to try to balance by herself as soon as possible.
- Don't forget to take a turn yourself balancing on the ropes!
Let's Talk: Ideas to Explore Together.
- Was it easier to balance walk on the ropes with or without my help?
- Which rope was harder to walk on, the straight one or the curved one?
While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop large muscle skills and balance.